|Primary Theater||ColdTowne Theater|
Drew Wesely, aka Andrew Wesely, is an improv comedian and sketch actor in Austin, Texas.
Drew Wesely began classes at ColdTowne Conservatory in 2007, prior to the breakup of the original ColdTowne members, and received improv training from all of them. He began as a Teacher's Assistant at ColdTowne in 2011. He has attended improv workshops/received coaching from: UCB (including instruction from Matt Besser, Ian Walsh, Neil Casey, Will Storie, and Jonny Svarzbein), The Annoyance (Mark Sutton), iO (Craig Cackowski, Eric Hunicutt, Karen Graci) and The New Movement (Chris Trew and Tami Nelson). He has been on improv troupes coached by Dave Buckman (Boom Chicago), Tom Booker (iO/The Annoyance/The Institution), Arthur Simone Michael Jastroch, Cody Dearing, Roy Janik, Ashley Nugent, Clifton Highfield, John Ratliff, Brent Foshee, Aden Kirschner, and Jericho Thorpe. He once performed standup in "The Mothup", delivering an impromptu monologue.
He performed a minor role in a scene with Ashley Judd in the motion picture High Crimes as "Marine", and was a background actor/dancer in the film Desert Bloom with Jon Voight.
Active Improv & Sketch Troupes & Comedy Festival Shows
- Nice Astronaut - improv & sketchprov troupe (Performed in OOB four times, twice in UCBT's DCM, and Chicago Improv Festival)
- Who Dack? - improv troupe (captain)
- What's the Story, Steve? - improv and sketchprov troupe (Performed in OOB)
- Stool Pigeon - performer
- Coldtowne TourCo - (Performed in DCM and NYC's Magnet Theater, and Charleston Improv Festival)
- First United Methodist Church of Plano Youth Group Improv
- Townsville - actor (Performed in Frontera Fest)
- Delta Force of Venus - improv troupe (captain)
- JTS Brown Project (Coached by Craig Cackowski, Dave Buckman, and Cody Dearing)