List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Wiki
Revision as of 23:45, 7 June 2018 by The Drude
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Sunday at 5pm, Excused Absence Comedy, the youth program at ColdTowne Theater, hosts a jam for kids and teens.
- Every Sunday at 6pm, the Fallout Theater hosts Student Union.
- Every Wednesday at 7pm, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam at the Hideout Studios, 2505 E 6th.
- Every Friday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym, a coached long-form improv jam at ColdTowne Conservatory, 6929 Airport Blvd., Donations accepted.
- The first Sunday of the month at 6pm, The Institution Theater hosts The Rubber Room, featuring an open jam and faculty show.
- The first Tuesday of the month at 8:30pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a student/teacher jam. A mixer (often with complimentary beers) precedes it at 8pm.
- The third Sunday of the month, there is an Austin Ladies Improv Jam, typically 6pm at The Institution Theater.
- The fourth Sunday of every other month, Merlin Works puts on The Merlin Works Mixer at the ZACH Theater.
Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.