List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Wiki
Revision as of 22:21, 20 January 2016 by The Drude
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Sunday at 5pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts Teen Improv Night for performers under 18.
- Every Sunday at 8pm, The Institution Theater puts on The Rubber Room.
- Every Sunday at 10pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a long-form jam.
- Every Thursday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym a coached long form improv jam at Austin Rec Center, 1301 Shoal Creek Blvd.
- The third Sunday of every month, Merlin Works puts on The Merlin Works Mixer at the ZACH Theater.
- The warm-up for the monthly Merlin Works Second Sundays show is an "open warm-up" which any improviser can join.
- On the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam.
Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.