|Primary Theater||The Hideout Theatre|
|Years Active||2000-2004, 2007-Present|
Peter Rogers is an improv performer and director who works primarily with The Hideout Theatre.
Prior to 2000, Peter's only experience with improv had been a number of improv games in high-school theater class, a 1997 trip to see Second City in Chicago, and an absolutely terrifying batch of improv games once in college. Peter saw his first improv show in Austin after getting a free ticket to a ComedySportz show at Northcross Mall from a comedy defensive driving class in May 2000. After that, he saw many more improv shows in town, and then he took the Hideout's first set of improv classes, from Shana Merlin, between 2000 and 2001. After that, Peter joined First Round Draft, the troupe that formed from the first batch of Hideout students. He left improv from 2004-2007, and then returned to do more shows, primarily at the Hideout.
Peter has photographed nearly three hundred improv shows, though he is perhaps better known for videography, posting improv videos to vimeo almost weekly, and setting up The Austin Improv Vimeo Channel.
- First Round Draft (2001-2002)
- Blink (2009)
- Continental Breakfast (2010)
- The Dancy Street D'Orchestra (2010-2011)
- The Heroes of Comedy
- Austin Secrets
- The Black Vault
- Charles Dickens Unleashed
- Control Issues (director)
- Fiasco (director)
- Heavens, Mr. Darcy!
- How I Saved the World Over Summer Vacation
- History Under the Influence
- Improvised Shakespeare
- The Joss Whedon Pajama Party
- Live Nude Improv
- Live TV Tuesdays: Angel (Wesley)
- Live TV Tuesdays: Buffy (Wesley)
- Live TV Tuesdays: Firefly (Simon)
- Live TV Tuesdays: Freaks and Geeks (Nick)
- Lonely Star
- Nothing and Everything
- Myth Debunkers (narrator)
- One More Night
- The Professor
- Reform School for Wayward Girls
- Savage Swords
- The Sci-Fi Comedy Double Feature
- Start Trekkin'
- Twilight Zoned
- Strange Worlds
- Totally Improvised, 90210 (ensemble, assistant director)
- The Violet Underbelly
- You Think You're So Smart
- Sketches Peter wrote for The Joss Whedon Pajama Party: "The Big Red Button"; "Cancellation Support Group"; "Joss Whedon's Dream Project", "Wash Has Too Much Time on His Hands", Parts 1, 2, & 3.
- Sketches Peter wrote for an opening set for Your Terrific Neighbors: "Hurt Locker OMG YAY"; "Harlequin Network-Computing Theater"; "Waylon Jennings Interrupts".
- "The Arrested Development Documentary Crew"
- "Learning Something New About History"
- Sketches for "Sketchwar", a weekly sketch-writing contest.
- Peter also co-wrote Sketchville, a comedy webseries.
 Other Writing
 More Information
- Peter's explanation of the best way to video-record improv shows with your iPhone.
- A Google calendar of Peter's improv performances.
- A song about Peter Rogers composed and recorded by Michael Joplin: "Peter Rogers Just Don't Give A Fuck"
- A game Peter wrote about The Hideout Theatre.
- Interview by Andrew Buck.