List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Wiki
(Redirected from Category:Jams and Mixers)
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
 Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Friday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym, a coached long-form improv jam at Austin Rec Center, 1301 Shoal Creek Blvd. Donations accepted.
- Every Wednesday at 7pm, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam at the Hideout Studios, 2505 E 6th.
- Every other Sunday at 6pm, The Institution Theater hosts The Rubber Room, featuring an open jam and faculty show.
- The first Tuesday of the month at 10:00pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a student/teacher jam.
- The various theaters frequently host ladies-only jams; follow Austin Ladies Improv Jam to learn about upcoming events.
- The fourth Sunday of every other month, Merlin Works puts on The Merlin Works Mixer at the ZACH Theater.
- The warm-up for the monthly Merlin Works Second Sundays show is an "open warm-up" which any improviser can join.
 Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.
- Until 2015, every Sunday at 5pm, ColdTowne Theater hosted Teen Improv Night for performers under 18.