List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Wiki
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
 Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Friday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym, a coached long-form improv jam at Austin Rec Center, 1301 Shoal Creek Blvd. Donations accepted.
- Every Wednesday at 7pm, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam at the Hideout Studios, 2505 E 6th.
- Every other Sunday at 6pm, The Institution Theater hosts The Rubber Room, featuring an open jam and faculty show.
- The first Tuesday of the month at 10:00pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a student/teacher jam.
- The various theaters frequently host ladies-only jams; follow Austin Ladies Improv Jam to learn about upcoming events.
- The fourth Sunday of every other month, Merlin Works puts on The Merlin Works Mixer at the ZACH Theater.
- The warm-up for the monthly Merlin Works Second Sundays show is an "open warm-up" which any improviser can join.
 Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.
- Until 2015, every Sunday at 5pm, ColdTowne Theater hosted Teen Improv Night for performers under 18.