The 42-Hour Improv Marathon
The 42-Hour Improv Marathon was the third annual Hideout Improv Marathon. It was performed in 2011, running from 6/3/11 to 6/5/11.
Two attendees at the event, Ryan Hill and Cat Drago, decided to start doing improv after watching long stretches of the marathon. The following year, they would come back to perform in one of the hours of The 43-Hour Improv Marathon.
 Core Players
- Andy Crouch
- Jason Vines
- Jordan T. Maxwell
- Karen Jane DeWitt
- Lisa Jackson
- Peter Rogers
- Tim Redmond (guest from Australia)
- Troy Miller
- Friday 6pm: "Inaugural Show", free-form improv with the core improvisors
- Friday 7pm: Maestro
- Friday 9pm: Junk
- Friday 10pm: Parallelogramophonograph presents "Impromatic!", an improvised play using old photos
- Friday 11pm: TheatreSports
- Saturday 12am: Girls Girls Girls
- Saturday 1am: Sarah 7
- Saturday 2am: Three Hot Chicks
- Saturday 3am: The Intentions
- Saturday 4am: Local Genius Society presents a Family Feud show with improv games!
- Saturday 5am: Firth & Arjet
- Saturday 6am: The "Truth Chair" act from Austin Secrets
- Saturday 7am: Student Show
- Saturday 8am: Midnight Society
- Saturday 9am: Bad Boys
- Saturday 10am: The Institution Theater
- Saturday 11am: Dubbed Indemnity
- Saturday 12pm: Student Show
- Saturday 1pm: 8-way Hell Dub narrative
- Saturday 2pm: Confidence Men presents "The Blank Variations"
- Saturday 3pm: Pick Your Own Path
- Saturday 4pm: Happy Butter
- Saturday 5pm: The Knuckleball Now
- Saturday 6pm: Start Trekkin'
- Saturday 7pm: The Nightmare Video Project
- Saturday 8pm: Holy 1960s Batman, Batman!
- Saturday 9pm: Improv for Evil
- Saturday 10pm: Maestro
- Sunday 12am: McNichol and May
- Sunday 1am: "The Bat" with ColdTowne
- Sunday 2am: The Puppet Improv Project
- Sunday 3am: Live Nude Improv preview
- Sunday 4am: Secret Senate
- Sunday 5am: The Dancy Street D'Orchestra
- Sunday 6am: Doctors Without Boundaries
- Sunday 7am: Your Dad’s Friends present "Improvention"
- Sunday 8am: The Amazon & The Milksop
- Sunday 9am: False Matters
- Sunday 10am: Improvised Shakespeare
- Sunday 11am: "The Final Countdown", free-form improv with the core improvisors
- Video of hour 5 with Parallelogramophonograph
- Video of hour 8 with Sarah 7
- Video of hour 9 with Three Hot Chicks
- Video of hour 10 with The Intentions
- Videos of hour 21 with Confidence Men:
- Scene #1, Jason Vines and Troy Miller, "Women at the Bar"
- Scene #2, Asaf Ronen and Mike Ferstenfeld, "Tchaikovsky"
- Scene #3, Jordan T. Maxwell and Peter Rogers, "Turtles"
- Scene #4, Karen Jane DeWitt and Lisa Jackson, "God"
- Scene #5, Andy Crouch and Christopher Allen, "Wigs"
- Scene #6, Tim Redmond and Troy Miller, "Waiting"
- Scene #7, Jeff Britt and Lisa Jackson, "Intermission"
- Scene #8, Jason Vines and Mike Ferstenfeld, "Dreams"
- Scene #9, Andy Crouch and Asaf Ronen, "Seventh Billing"
- Scene #10, Jordan T. Maxwell and Karen Jane DeWitt, "Double Trouble"
- Scene #11, Christopher Allen and Peter Rogers, "High-Wire Act"
- Scene #12, Jeff Britt and Jason Vines, "Integrity"
- Scene #13, Asaf Ronen and Lisa Jackson, "Hank Charlie"
- Scene #14, Mike Ferstenfeld, Troy Miller, & Tim Redmond, "Tourists"
- Video of hour 41 with Improvised Shakespeare
- Video of hour 42
- Photosets of hours 0 and 1, as well as hours 2 and 3 from Lorraine DeNardis.
- Photoset of hours 20, 21, and 22 from Nicole Beckley.
- A photoset by Steve Rogers of hour 23 with Happy Butter.
- A photoset by Steve Rogers of hour 24 with The Knuckleball Now.
- A photoset by Steve Rogers of hour 25 with Start Trekkin'.
- A photoset by Steve Rogers of hour 26 with The Nightmare Video Project.
- A photoset by Roy Moore of hour 33 with the Puppet Improv Project.
- Overall photosets:
 More Information
- The schedule announcement, on the forums and on the Hideout web site.
- A post about how the marathon raised money for kids' classes by Jessica Arjet.
- A story about the marathon in The Austin Chronicle.
- A recap of the event from core player Peter Rogers.
- A 5/30/12 interview with Ryan Hill about discovering and watching the event.
- A 6/1/12 interview with Cat Drago about discovering and watching the event.