The Hideout Improv Marathon
The Hideout Improv Marathon is an annual improv event at The Hideout Theatre.
In the improv marathon, a core cast of eight improvisors performs some number of one-hour improv shows, back-to-back and without sleep. Every hour brings a different show format, and with it, different guests who specialize in that format.
In its first year, the marathon was a fundraiser for the Hideout itself. The next year, it became a fundraiser for The Hideout Theatre Youth Scholarship Fund.
 HistoryThe first record of the idea for the marathon is an email from Andy Crouch to Roy Janik from 8/15/08:
"We absolutely should do a 52-hour improv marathon as a fundraiser. You have a core group of people that actually stays up for the full time. Some people won't make it, but some will. You bring in guest players and change format every hour, working in all of our main formats (Maestro, Gorilla, Theatresports, Six Degrees, Start Trekkin', Shakespeare, After School Special, improvised musical, etc.) maybe more than once, and we make up some fun formats to fill the hours."
The marathon debuted as The 40-Hour Improv Marathon in 2009. The event has recurred every subsequent year, with the number of hours incrementing by one every time.
 Individual Marathons
- 2009: The 40-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2010: The 41-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2011: The 42-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2012: The 43-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2013: The 44-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2014: The 45-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2015: The 46-Hour Improv Marathon
- 2016: The 47-Hour Improv Marathon
- The 2017 Hideout Improv Marathon
- The 2018 Hideout Improv Marathon