|Primary Theater||The Institution Theater|
Tom Booker is an improv performer and director. He co-runs The Institution Theater.
Tom Booker has studied improvisation and sketch at The Second City Training Center and with legendary improv guru Del Close at Chicago's ImprovOlympic. He is a founding member of Chicago's Annoyance Theatre and has been a director and instructor at The Second City Training Center in Los Angeles.
Tom co-wrote and co-directed (with producing partner Jon Kean) the feature film Kill The Man starring Luke Wilson, which premiered at the 1999 Sundance Film Festival. Through Theatre-A-Go-Go!, the L.A. theater company he founded, Tom wrote and directed "Patty, Patty, BANG! BANG! – The Patty Hearst Musical!" and "Up With Puberty!" (co-written with Whose Line Is It Anyway?'s musical director, Laura Hall), and a stage production of Valley Of The Dolls (which starred Kate Flannery of The Office) at New York's Circle In The Square Theater.
Tom performed in The Annoyance Theatre's Off-Broadway production of "The Real Live Brady Bunch" at the world famous Village Gate Theatre and at the Westwood Playhouse in Los Angeles.
He has appeared in several television shows, a few movies and nearly a hundred commercials.
He's a really nice guy. You should meet him.
- Bad Girls in Plaid Skirts (writer, director, performer [The Bishop])
- Fuck It's Christmas (director, performer)
- Fuck It's Hot (director)
- Live TV Tuesdays: Beverly Hills, 90210 (director)
- Live TV Tuesdays: John Hughes Summer School (director)
- Live TV Tuesdays: My So-Called Life (director)
- Live TV Tuesdays: Saved by the Bell (director)
- Manson: The Musical (director/Vincent Bugliosi)
- Mister Morbid's Moonlight Movie Mayhem Madness Massacre
- Pulp Friction (director)
- Thinning the Herd