Totally Improvised, 90210
|Totally Improvised, 90210|
|Theater||Salvage Vanguard Theater|
|Directed by||Lauren Buck|
|Assistant Director(s)||Peter Rogers|
|Produced by||Gnap! Theater Projects|
|Music By||Vinh Ngo|
- This page refers to the Gnap! Theater Projects improv show based on 90210. For the Live TV Tuesdays staging of the 90210 episode "Spring Dance", see Live TV Tuesdays: Beverly Hills, 90210.
Totally Improvised, 90210 was an improvised take on Beverly Hills, 90210.
The show took place in the same world as Beverly Hills, 90210, with that same central cast. Each performance began with a three-minute intro from an episode of the show, and then ran with that for about an hour of improv.
Much of the rehearsal process focused on *slowing down*, getting the cast to concentrate less on plot, and more of exploring the feelings with each development -- the notion was slowing down the improv performance so that it matched the pace of the original television show. Performers also had to be comfortable playing out intimacy onstage, and again, slowing their pace with it to something that matched the source material.
In addition to the main run, Totally Improvised, 90210 performed a special one-off show for The TV Set in November 2012.
 Full Cast & Crew
- Bryan Cruz as Dylan McKay
- Colin Thomas Bates as David Silver
- Courtney Hopkin as Donna Martin
- Jesse Overright as Brandon Walsh
- Katie Thornton as Kelly Taylor
- Michael Thomas as Steve Sanders
- Lauren Buck as Brenda Walsh
- Shana Merlin as Andrea Zuckerman
Musician: Vinh Ngo
Assistant Director: Peter Rogers
- The show's intro video.
- Video of performance from 8.5.11
- Video of performance from 8.19.11
- Video of performance from 8.26.11
- Video of performance from 8.27.11
- Video of the 11/16/12 performance for The TV Set.
- A photoset by Michael Yew that includes the 8/6/11 performance.
- Photoset of the 8/12 performance by Steve Rogers.
- Photoset by Roy Moore of the 8/9/11 performance.
- Photoset by Claudio Fox of the 11/16/12 performance for The TV Set.