List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Community Wiki
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Sunday at 5pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts Teen Improv Night for performers under 18.
- Every Sunday at 8pm, The Institution Theater puts on The Rubber Room.
- Every Sunday at 10pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a long-form jam.
- Every Thursday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym a coached long form improv jam at Austin Rec Center, 1301 Shoal Creek Blvd.
- The third Sunday of every month, Merlin Works puts on The Merlin Works Mixer at the ZACH Theater.
- The warm-up for the monthly Merlin Works Second Sundays show is an "open warm-up" which any improviser can join.
- On the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam.
Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.