List of Austin Improv Jams and Mixers
From Austin Improv Community Wiki
This list of Austin improv jams and mixers covers jams and mixers, which differ from shows in that they are participatory: a group of improvisors comes to the event and puts on scenes and games for each other.
Active Jams and Mixers
- Every Sunday at 5pm, Excused Absence Comedy, the youth program at ColdTowne Theater, hosts a jam for kids and teens.
- Every Sunday at 6pm, the Fallout Theater hosts Student Union.
- Most Wednesday at 7pm, the Hideout Theatre hosts a student jam.
- Every Friday at 7pm, Drew Wesely leads Drew's Improv Gym, a coached long-form improv jam at ColdTowne Conservatory, 6929 Airport Blvd., Donations accepted.
- The first Sunday of the month at 6pm, The Institution Theater hosts The Rubber Room, featuring an open jam and faculty show.
- The first Tuesday of the month at 8:30pm, ColdTowne Theater hosts a student/teacher jam. A mixer (often with complimentary beers) precedes it at 8pm.
- The third Sunday of the month, there is an Austin Ladies Improv Jam, typically 6pm at The Institution Theater.
Inactive Jams and Mixers
- From 2005 to 2009, The Hideout Theatre held The Tuesday Night Jam, a weekly free improv jam.
- In 2012, The Hideout Theatre hosted The Narrative Improv Jam.
- From 2010 to 2013, ColdTowne Theater hosted The Jam with Oh, Science!
- In 2012, Leng Wong and Kevin Miller hosted Whoosh Bang Pow: Back to Basics.
- From 2010 to 2012, The New Movement Theater hosted The Shootaround
- In 2013, every Tuesday night at 6:30pm, Harold's House happened at RLM on the UT campus.
- Every Sunday at 7pm in the month of January 2014, The New Movement Theater hosted an open jam. The jam was preceded by a 6pm workshop.
- Until 2018, Merlin Works hosted The Merlin Works Mixer monthly at the ZACH Theater.