The Monologue Jam
|The Monologue Jam|
|Theater||The Institution Theater|
The Monologue Jam is a competitive improvised-monolog show.
Each performance has ten monologists: nine pre-selected plus one chosen at random from audience volunteers. Each monologist is given a suggestion, which they use as inspiration for a three-minute character monolog. The audience chooses a winner for the night, who receives a jar of delicious jam.
The format for the show is based on the Dallas Monologue Jam created by Brad McEntire and produced annually at the Big Sexy Weekend of Improv (a production of the Alternative Comedy Theater).
It runs the first Saturday of every month at 10pm.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of the 2/7/15 performance.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of the 3/7/15 performance.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of the 4/4/15 performance.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of the 5/2/15 performance.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of the 8/1/15 performance.
- The show's facebook page, which is also the means of signing up for the show.