You're Not My Real Dad
|You're Not My Real Dad|
You're Not My Real Dad is an improv troupe developed out of a joke troupe name on the AIC Forums.
A typical You're Not My Real Dad show is montage inspired by music. The audience is asked for a number from 3 to 10 which is plugged into a collective playlist that they've compiled. Let's say the number chosen is 7, we hear the first few seconds of the first six songs – what has been termed "The Lost Opportunities Medley" – before hearing more of the 7th song which soundtracks the first scene of the montage
"Long an Austin Improv fan favorite...
'Upbeat', 'fresh-faced', and 'brimming with youthful enthusiasm'.
These are phrases you will never, ever hear applied to Austin's You're Not My Real Dad. A troupe with over 60 years of stage experience between them. Embittered by experience, railroaded by relationships, down by law, YNMRD are never going to see thirty again, and they're pissed about it. They get their inspiration from old LPs and their dinner from the gas station. This is improv with authority from the last people you'd want to have any."
- A photoset by Peter Rogers of their 9/1/10 performance at The 2010 Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers which includes their 8/30/11 show at The 2011 Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.
- Photoset of their 1/14/12 show.
- Photoset by Michael Yew that includes their 1/21/12 performance at The Institution Theater.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers which includes their 8/30/12 show at The 2012 Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.
- Photoset by Jon Bolden which includes their performance at WaffleFest 2012.
- Photoset by Roy Moore which includes their 2/3/13 show at Bitterfest.
- Photoset by Chris Curl of their perfromance at The 2014 Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.