|Theater||The Hideout Theatre|
Each show opened with the cast forming a tableau. Then the directors would ask the audience, "Our crew of documentarians has been following these people around. What is it that they are passionate about?" After taking the suggestion, the show's "lead monologist" would begin the performance with a five- to eight-minute monolog. This would be followed by a series of scenes. They wouldn't follow any one storyline or character, but place more emphasis (especially in the first half) on exploring characters and relationships.
Tone and Style
The show tended towards the whimsical. (Example: one performance featured Jenna Howard as Barack Obama and Kenny Madison as Joe Biden.) Its pace varied, slowing down with extended monologs, but speeding up for quick pop-outs within scenes. It had a fairly minimal visual style, with straightforward lighting changes for cueing monologs, and a basic black/white/gray costume palette with accent colors.
From the show announcement:
- Photoset by Jay Mahavier of the 8/8/15 performance.
- Photoset by Tyler Bryce of the Opening Night performance.
- Photoset by Dave Alley of the 8/15/2015 performance.
- Photoset by Jay Mahavier of the 8/22/2015 performance.
- Photoset by Jay Mahavier of the 8/29/2015 performance.
- The show announcement on the Hideout's facebook group.