Blood, Sweat, and Cheers
|Blood, Sweat, and Cheers|
|Theater||Salvage Vanguard Theater|
|Directed by||Roy Janik|
|Produced by||Kaci Beeler|
Blood, Sweat, and Cheers is a devised play about competitive cheerleading.
- Barbara Davis -- Jessica Arjet
- June Davis -- Kaci Beeler
- Gabriella "Gabi" Romero -- Karen Jane DeWitt
- James Kowalski -- Alex Dobrenko
- Kennedy Campbell -- Halyn Lee Erickson
- Chrissy McCarthy -- Kayla Lane Freeman
- Katherine Pepper (Coach Kay) -- Amy Gentry
- Samantha "Sam" Rogers -- Courtney Hopkin
- Jason Flipp (Coach Jay) -- Curtis Luciani
- Bob Davis -- Paul Normandin
The show also features 9 athletes from Austin Cheer Factory, Austin's most elite all-star cheerleading program, and Hutto High School.
- Choreography -- Amanda Butterfield, Cortney DeAngelo, Halyn Lee Erickson, and the Austin Cheer Factory
- Lighting design -- Brigette Hutchison
- Sound -- Bridget Brewer
- Set design -- Jon Bolden and Kaci Beeler
- Photography -- Jon Bolden
The production process involved eight months of intensive cheerleading training for the cast, and the show was waitlisted for seven months for the Salvage Vanguard Theater mainstage.
The show ran at 8pm, Thursday to Saturday, from 5/30/13 to 6/9/13 at the Salvage Vanguard Theater.
Several cast members played as an exhibition team in Theatresports on 5/25/13.
- Photoset by Claudio Fox of their 5/31/13 performance.
- Photoset by Steve Rogers of their 6/2/13 performance.
- Photoset by Heidi Rogers that includes the 6/6/13 show.
- Photoset by Michael Yew of their 6/8/13 performance.