The International Improv Experience
|The International Improv Experience|
|Theater||The Hideout Theatre|
|Directed by||Roy Janik|
The International Improv Experience was a mainstage show at The Hideout Theatre. It drew inspiration from friends of the Hideout around the world.
Each performance contained two acts. The first act had the cast responding to video short-form challenges that had been sent in from improv troupes around the world. The second act was a long-form narrative that used the first act as inspiration.
The set design included a number of wooden boxes (and other shapes), which the cast used to create international landmarks and locales on the fly.
- Again! Productions (Paris, France)
- Bad Dog Theatre (Toronto, Canada)
- Bristol Improv Theatre (Bristol, UK)
- The Courtyard Playhouse (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
- Do Not Adjust Your Stage (London, UK)
- IGLU Theatre (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- Impro Melbourne (Melbourne, Australia)
- Improgrupp Jaa! (Tallinn, Estonia)
- ImproGuise (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Instant Theatre (Vancouver, Canada)
- JadaJada Improv (Tampere, Finland)
- Just Improvise (Perth, Australia)
- KUD KIKS (Ljubljana, Slovenia)
- The MayDays (Brighton, UK)
- On the Spot (Honolulu, Hawaii)
- Osaka Improv Gathering (Osaka, Japan)
- Performers (Göteborg, Sweden)
- Rorschach Pattern 9 (Juneau, Alaska)
- The Sky Babies (Galway, Ireland)
- Table Companions (Zelem, Belgium)
- Third Thought and Troupe X (Tampa, FL)
- Vancouver TheatreSports League (Vancouver, Canada)
- We Are Improv (Lancaster, UK)
- Video of the 7/5/14 show, with embedded clips.
- Video by Warren Henderson of the 7/12/14 show.
- Video by Warren Henderson of the 7/26/14 show.
- Video by Warren Henderson of the 8/9/14 show.
- Video of their performance in The 2014 Out of Bounds Comedy Festival.
- Photoset by Warren Henderson of a show.
- Photoset by Steve Rogersof the 7/19/14 show.
- Photoset by Steve Rogersof the 7/26/14 show.
- Photoset by Peter Rogers of the 8/16/14 show.
The cast recorded a number of example videos of the sort of video challenges they were looking for from the international troupes.
- 1st Half of a Scene
- Animals #2
- Animals #3
- Specific Game Setup
- Welcome to the International Improv Experience
- Welcome in Another Language
- Half a Conversation
- Accent Training
- Vocabulary Training
- Foreign Film
- Monologue #2
- Audio Tour
- Long form / storytelling prompt
- Local Game Setup
- Local Game Setup #2
- Landmark Game Setup
- Show announcement in the Hideout's 2014 season preview.
- Post about the premiere by Caeriel Crestin on the Hideout's blog.