The 2014 Institution Theater Awards
The 2014 Institution Theater Awards was the second annual Institution Theater Awards.
The awards ceremony was held at the Institution Theater at 6pm on 2/16/14.
Winners are listed in bold text.
Favorite Improvised "Something" Show
- Mister Morbid's Moonlight Movie Mayhem Madness Massacre
- The Next Chapter
- The Suitcase
- Thinning the Herd
- The Triple Scoop's "Comedy Troupe Night"
Favorite Scripted, Sketch, or Variety Show
Favorite "One Off" Show
- "Butt Kapinski", presented by Deanna Fleysher
- Confidence Men's "100 Shows & C*nting"
- "Mayfly", presented by Todd Stashwick
- "Not So Silent Night of Standup Comedy", hosted by Regina Soto
- "The Velvet Rut", a sketch show about Austin
- Asaf Ronen, for The Suitcase
- Clifton Highfield, for LoveFest
- Justin Davis, for The Next Chapter
- Tom Booker, for Fuck It's Hot
- Tyler Bryce, for Thinning the Herd
Favorite Tech Performer
- Chelley Pyatt, for Bad Girls in Plaid Skirts, Fuck It's Hot, The Joss Whedon Pajama Party, and The Next Chapter.
- Cindy Page, for False Matters and Hell and Back Cabaret.
- Cindy Page & Chad Wellington, for Thinning the Herd.
- Courtney DeAngelo, for The Suitcase and Hell and Back Cabaret.
- Mark Shoemaker, for The Triple Scoop, False Matters, and Mister Morbid's Moonlight Movie Mayhem Madness Massacre.
Favorite Male Performer
- Andrew Robinson
- Bryan "Lubu" Roberts
- Bryan Curry
- Ceej Allen
- Clifton Highfield
- Jason Vines
- Marv Pratt
- Wyatt Tall
Favorite Female Performer
- Adriane Shown
- Carissa McAtee
- Erica Lies
- Heidi Caldwell
- Jeanette Jones
- Regina Soto
- Sam Schak
- Sarah Marie Curry
Favorite New Male Improvisor
Favorite New Female Improvisor
Favorite Male Stand-Up Comedian
Favorite Female Stand-Up Comedian
The Audience Member Award
Favorite Outstanding Intern
Favorite Original Line
- "Emotions are mother nature's way of saying fuck you." -- Clifton Highfield in The Rubber Room.
- "Oh wow, Candy Land" -- Rebecca Blue Velvet, about a back tattoo in 201 student showcase.
- "Masturbating makes you gain weight. Look at me!" -- Monica Torres in Thinning the Herd, Season 2, 10/20/13.
- "Can you have your dog smell my fingers and sniff out my girlfriend?" -- Clifton Highfield, during "David Razowsky and Friends" in Mister Morbid's Moonlight Movie Mayhem Madness Massacre.
- David Lampe: "Have you had sex with a pie?" Jennifer Dorsey: "Yes." David Lampe: "Oh? … Did you scissor it?" [Jen wipes scene] Tom Booker: "Wow! I wondered when we'd find 'the line,' and I think we've found it!" in Thinning the Herd, Season 3, 12/1/13.
- "Breaking news from the TMZ war room. Tom Cruise is actually only 3 feet tall. He's doing his first motion picture without his traditional steps. It turns out that he's only as tall as a tiny baby." -- Michael Joplin with troupe The Knuckleball Now in Ponzi Scream.
- "I'm educational speckle! I'm here to fill holes!" -- Asaf Ronen, as a substitute teacher in Confidence Men's "100 Shows & C*nting".
- Asaf Ronen: "You guys ever play the game Fuck, Marry, or Kill?" Michael Ferstenfeld: "Fuck!" in Confidence Men's "100 Shows & C*nting".
- "These aren't words. Is this Braille?" -- Regina Soto, seeing Hebrew for the first time with troupe The Better Half in The Triple Scoop, 11/2/13.
- "As God is my pendulum, I swing both ways" -- Caeriel Crestin in The Rubber Room, 1/6/13.
- "So I took one of those 'What Knight Are You' online tests... I'm 56% Lancelot, 22% Robb Stark, and 5% M. Night Shyamalan." -- Luke Wallens in "The Key Party".
- "Okay, zombies. 5, 6, 7, 8... 'cause this is thrillerrrrrr!" -- Luke Wallens in The Next Chapter.
Tom Booker Appreciation Awards
Tom Booker gave out four appreciation awards in the ceremony, to the following people: